Elscint provides certain special applications for certain automation requirements like
Automatic Tapping Machines
- In this Automatic Tapping Machine, the components are fed through a vibratory bowl feeder to the tapping station.
- At the tapping station, tapping takes place with the help of a specially designed tapping head attachment.
- The completed component is then unloaded in a bin or ejected, as per requirement. In case of special requirements, tapping at two places can be done on the same component! Speeds of upto 40 Pieces per minute are possible.
- This machine is available with and without PLC control to suit the requirements of customers and their respective budgets.
- This machine adds tremendous value wherever there is a requirement of tapping on small components. Two, three or even more bowl feeders as well as tapping heads can be accommodated on the same table with independent operations, however controlled by a single PLC.
- This helps not only in making the machine compact but also reduces the cost of an incremental machine.
Elscint Weld Nut / Bolt Feeder
- Elscint manufactures a nut / bolt feeding accessory for resistance spot welding machines. This consists of an Elscint vibratory bowl feeder which feeds the nuts / bolts (nuts can be either square nuts or round nuts).
- The nut / bolts are fed to a pneumatic pusher and then to an escapement, which places the nut / bolts on the work station for spot welding. It is then held at that position through magnetic property. All these arrangements can be provided by Elscint.
- This reduces the manual intervention required for feeding and placing of the nut / bolts. Either of Elscint vibratory parts feeder Model 160 or Model 250 or Model 400 can be used for this purpose depending upon the size of the nut / bolts to be fed and the loading capacity required.
- This accessory is very popular with spot welding machine manufacturers all over the world. This is mainly used for nut / bolts of size M8, M10 and M12.
- The speed, which can be achieved is a minimum of 30 Pcs per minute for M 8 square nut / bolts. The speed of other sizes will vary accordingly The Elscint nut / bolts feeder thus consists of three major attachments, i.e. the main body, escapement and feeding head.
- These are controlled electrically and nuts are fed to the lower electrode of a spot welder. The special features of the feeding head, which is the most important unit of the Elscint nut / bolts feeder are its method of feeding nuts / bolt and its construction.
Elscint Automatic Riverting Machines
- Elscint manufactures an automatic riveting machine. In this, the rivets are fed through a vibratory bowl feeder to the riveting station.
- The other part (spring, strip etc.) can either be placed manually or automatically from another vibratory bowl feeder. Alternatively, the strip can be fed through a de-reeler and cut as per the requirement and fed automatically.
- Other options which are available is checking the spring / strip etc. before riveting, counting of the number of pieces riveted, automatic stoppage of machine when a wrong rivet / spring is fed etc.
- At the riveting point, the riveting takes place and the completed riveted assembly is blow out or removed manually as the case might be.
- For this a riveting head is mounted on a specially designed platform. This machine has received a very good response from various switchgear and contactor manufacturers.
- Productivity increases tremendously with the usage of this Elscint automatic riveting machine.
Elscint Screw & Washer Assembly Bowl Feeders
- Elscint manufactures a novel vibratory bowl feeder which can assemble screws / bolts and washers. You just need to dump the screws and washers in the bowl feeder and they come out in an assembled fashion.
- Pokayoke concept has been implemented to ensure that not a single unassembled screw and washer come out of the bowl feeder.
- Normally, for assembly of screws and washers, two bowl feeders are required along with a motorized or pneumatic station where they are assembled.
- This bowl feeder using the new novel assembly concept pioneered by Elscint makes the assembly in only a single Vibratory Bowl Feeder. This not only saves space but also electricity consumption as only one single Vibratory Bowl Feeder is required and eliminates the need for one vibratory feeder and motorized assembly station.
- This vibratory bowl feeder has tremendous value for users of fasteners who presently have to assemble screws and washers by hand or have to use costly assembly equipment.
- Hence, this vibratory bowl feeder not only reduces labour but also helps improve productivity. As Elscint has made this an standard equipment, most of the components are kept in stock and deliveries can be fast.
Elscint Engine Valve Feeding / Roller Orientation & Pump Unit
- Elscint manufactures a feeding system for feeding of engine valves having dia from 20 mm to 50 mm and length between 30 mm to 200 mm. Any number of sizes between these dimensions can be fed in this system.
- A vibratory bowl feeder is used for feeding and orienting the engine valves. Thereafter, through a pneumatic take-up system, the engine valves are transported up to a height of 2 meters from the ground level for further feeding.
- Speed of between 40 to 100 pieces per minute can be achieved depending upon the sizes of the engine valves.
- The system results in a smooth flow of components without any starvation to the next machine. This increases the productivity of the engine valve producing units by more than 40%. The biggest advantages of this system are loading of the heavy engine valves at a height of just 500 mm, usage of the bare minimum space and flexibility of feeding various sizes of engine valves through the same feeding system.
- Elscint can even sell only the vibratory bowl feeder or only the pneumatic take-up unit.
- This feeding system is available in PLC and non-PLC (Electrical Control) versions. This system can further be modified to feed the engine valves in two outlets.
Elscint Taper Roller Feeding, Orientation and Pump Unit
- The Elscint taper roller feeding, orientation and elevating pump unit is a system designed for feeding and orienting taper rollers for taper roller bearings.
- The system utilizes Elscint vibratory bowl feeder Model 250, Model 400 or Model 630 depending upon the roller size to feed the parts to a set of powered gauge rolls.
- The inclination of the rolls, plus adjustable roll spacing from one end to the other enables parts to move / travel easily and rapidly into the desired position.
- An important feature is that the rolls being counter-rotating will not bind or grip the parts and are extremely sensitive to fine tolerances.
- The rolls are driven by Elscint single reduction unit. The taper rollers are fed into the pump unit driven by a suitable Elscint reduction unit and this pump unit elevates the rollers to the desired height from where they can be fed by gravity to the work station where they are needed.
- The Unit thus consists of Elscint vibratory bowl feeder, two counter rotating rolls for feeding, sensors and a control panel. The unit finds applications in the bearing and allied industries.
Elscint Sorting & Grading Unit
- Elscint manufactures a sorting & grading unit for small shims. The Elscint sorting and grading Unit is designed to feed, sort and grade components like shims which require to be graded according to their thickness.
- This unit operates a speed in excess of 150 pieces per minute, depending on the size of the components.
- The system utilizes an Elscint vibratory bowl feeder of suitable model amongst the 6 Models of Elscint vibratory bowl feeders. The bowl feeder feeds the parts to a set of powered gauge rolls.
- These are powered by an Elscint geared motor of suitable rating. The inclination of the rolls, plus adjustable roll spacing from one end to the other enables parts to move / travel easily and rapidly into the desired position, while moving them to the discharge point.
- Undersized parts are first separated, followed by those within tolerance. Oversize and damaged or oversize parts continue to the end of the rolls and are discharged into a separate container.
- An important feature is that the rolls being counter-rotating does not bind or grip the parts and are extremely sensitive to fine tolerances.
- The basic unit works on a fixed speed, however, optionally Elscint can also offer sensor and a variable speed AC or DC motor fitted with an Elscint reduction unit
- . This unit offers high flexibility for the user and can also be used for sorting and grading of balls, taper rollers, pins and similar components.
Elscint Stacking Machine
- Elscint manufactures a stacking machine for stacking items like bearings cages / bearing washers and such other components which need to be stacked.
- Components having a hole in between can be stacked with Elscint stacking machine. This can find applications in the bearing, battery and such allied industries.
- This machine is mounted on a table frame having size of 1400 mm x 700 mm x 620 mm. A hopper having storing capacity of 50 litres / 130 Ltrs. is placed on the left hand side.
- From this hopper the components when loaded will be unloaded into the tray of Elscint linear feeder, having some inclination.
- This will allow the components to move into the Elscint vibratory bowl feeder which has a level controller. Thus, when adequate quantity of the components are lowered into the bowl, the Elscint linear feeder will be switched off.
- Whenever the quantity in the Bowl goes below a predetermined lever, the Elscint linear feeder will be activated and loading of the components into the Elscint vibratory feeder bowl will restart.
- The components will move upwards on the track of the bowl and in the path they will be oriented according to the users requirement and only properly oriented components will be lowered into the metal magazine in front of the Elscint vibratory bowl feeder.
- Metal magazines, total 6 to 12 in number depending upon the component size are mounted on an indexing table, which is operated by Festo make pneumatics. Two proximity switches are mounted to sense the component level onto the metal magazine.
- When the components are filled upto the level of both the proximity switches then the Elscint vibratory bowl feeder will be switched off and pneumatic solenoid having 230Volts AC powered coil will be operated and indexing table will be move to the next stage, bringing the empty magazine at the loading station.
- At this point the Elscint vibratory parts feeder will start again and stacking operation will continue.In case the components cannot be stacked properly due to their in built dimension, an Elscint agitator vibrator can be provided at the lower level, which is having Rt. angular holder where the components will be resting while being stacked.
- This Elscint agitator vibrator is timed to start and stop, which imparts the vibration to the stacked components.
- Due to these vibrations the components, which are not stacked properly, are given rotary movement get properly stacked.This system uses Elscint vibratory feeder Model 250 or 400, Elscint linear feeder Model I or II, Elscint hopper feeder, Elscint indexing table and Elscint agitator vibrator.
- Such other custom built automation systems can also be manufactured according to user requirements using the above Elscint products.
Elscint Half Bearing Feeding System
- Elscint manufactures a unique feeding system for feeding of half bearings of various sizes. Half bearings of upto dia 90 mm or even more can be fed through this system.
- This equipment consists of an Elscint vibratory hopper feeder, two Elscint linear vibratory feeders and an Elscint small parts (conveyor) feeder.
- The speed of operation or the feed rate can be upto 60 pieces per minute in an oriented manner. This speed can be varied through a potentiometer. Electronic controls are provided to synchronize the speed of the various components listed above.
- The Elscint small parts (conveyor) feeder is used for recirculation of unused parts. A special orientation device is used for orientation of the half bearings.
- Upto 150 Kgs of material can be loaded in the vibratory hopper. This makes the system totally manless and the operator can be utilized to do some other work.
- This system has been found beneficial to various Half Bearing Manufacturers all over the world.
Elscint Counting Systems
- Elscint manufactures an automatic vibratory counting system for counting of small parts like plastic caps, spouts, screws, rivets, capsules and electrical connectors, bearings, as well as heavy parts such as anchor bolts, bearing races and metal sockets.
- The standard equipment consists of a suitable Elscint vibratory bowl feeder, correctly chosen from a variety of Models which Elscint offers, a sensing device and an electronic reset able counter.
- The counter can be even upto 10 digits! And even more in case of special requirements.
- Counting speeds can be very high, even upto 1000 parts per minute, depending upon the component which requires counting. Once a preset number is reached, the counting can be made to stop automatically. Restart can be either manually or again automatically on receiving of a signal.
- This equipment finds use in various industries, namely, cosmetic, electrical, mechanical, pharmaceutical, optical, bearing and many other industries. Standard bowl feeders and counters being in ready stock, delivery times are very low and the prices are very competitive.